Friday, January 22, 2016

Welcoming in the "Spring" Semester

Hey everybody! Just a few days ago, the campus went from nearly barren to buzzing with students moving back in and preparing for classes. In proper Vermont fashion, we were greeted with a lovely blizzard complete with cold winds and snow in the face. Honestly, I love this type of weather! (Just make sure you dress warmly to stay safe; scarves are your friends!)
I'm super excited for this semester because I'm taking a good variety of classes in addition to being in two productions! My class schedule looks like this:
As you can see, my Tuesdays and Thursdays are pretty full, but it's totally worth it as I'm done at noon every other day! One of the things I love about St. Mike's is that if you plan well enough, there's a good chance that you have some freedom and flexibility with your schedule. I know people that try to take classes only on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday so that they have extra time to ski! Personally, I like to have my afternoons free when possible so that I have time to relax and do homework before rehearsals.

Speaking of, this semester I'm going to be busy rehearsing for two shows. I'll be playing:
  • Theseus in A Midsummer Night's Dream by William Shakespeare (Spring Mainstage Production, performances in the first two weekends of March)
  • Jason in Ordinary Days, a musical by Adam Gwon (Senior Seminar Production, performances in mid-April)
I'm so happy to be back here and back into the daily schedule; there's nothing worse than boredom! I can't wait to start blogging more and showing you the wonderful life we live here at SMC. 

Want to know more? Social media links are above, follow @knightlifevt on Instagram, check out other student blogs here, email me (cholloway@mail.smcvt.edu) or comment below!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment