Wednesday, December 23, 2015

There's No Place Like Home



As I blog from the comfort of my dad's living room couch, I realize that the title of this post may be misleading. I will admit, it is truly nice seeing family and some old friends. There's a certain nostalgic comfort in driving through the center of my tiny hometown, seeing the Christmas lights on the trees and the lampposts, despite the disconcerting lack of snow in late December.
However, as I spend my third college Christmas in rural Massachusetts, I realize that my true home has become Saint Michael's College. I look forward not only to seeing all of my friends, professors, and the beautiful campus in three weeks, but also to making Vermont my permanent home. I have fallen completely in love with northern Vermont, and I hope I never have to leave. The quaint state has everything I could ever ask for: kind people, the comfortable hub of Burlington, environmental consciousness, four (usually) distinct seasons, a coastline of sorts, Sen. Bernie Sanders, and much, much more. With only three semesters to go, I realize that I have so much to thank St. Mike's for. I have created a new home that I truly love, and I can't wait to be back in my "home sweet home."
Maybe don't try this at home.
Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year to you all. I genuinely hope that you all have a restful break and enjoy the time off.

Questions, comments, concerns, cat videos? Social media links are above, and you can write to me below or at cholloway@mail.smcvt.edu.

No comments:

Post a Comment