Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Closing Weekend: A Midsummer Night's Dream

The Spring 2016 Mainstage Production, A Midsummer Night's Dream by William Shakespeare opened on March 3, ran for three performances, and has two more this weekend, March 11 & 12.

Midsummer is my first ever Shakespeare play, and it's been quite the experience. It's taught me the importance of understanding the text, and making sure I understand what each and every word truly means. I'm incredibly thankful that I don't have an enormous part; it's been the perfect size for me to digest the language and context. I look forward to using this newfound understanding for both contemporary and classical works in the future; I've realized that I must not only make sure I understand the dialogue. but also make sure not to fall into a pattern of speech. Each word and sentence has to have meaning, and this show has been a great reminder of that.

Furthermore, the cast and crew of this show is absolutely fantastic!! I love these wonderful people so much, and I'm going to miss sharing this experience with them. It's been such a pleasure working more closely with some actors/classmates that I hadn't had the pleasure of knowing well until know (shoutout to my fellow Nobles). I'm certainly going to miss the seniors in the cast, but I'm so happy for them that they will be going onto bigger and better things. It's scary to think that next year I'll be in their place, and I realize that I'm going to miss the theatre department here very much.

SMC Social Ambassador Theatre Majors took over the school's Snapchat account, @smcknights, last Thursday to hype up opening night. Here are some of the highlights!!







Come see Midsummer this Friday and Saturday at 7:00pm! Admission is free for all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment